The services of a professional and experienced agent can be of immense help when purchasing property. However, there’s much to consider when hiring the right real estate agent. You should thoroughly research and interview a few agents before you finalize on one.
We know a thing or two about real estate brokerage! Use our checklist of interview questions to help make your search more successful.
Top 10 General Brokerage Questions
- How long have you been working in real estate in this area?
- Do you hold a license to practice real estate in North Carolina?
- What certifications, if any, do you have?
- How familiar are you with my area/location of interest?
- What are the techniques or methods you will use?
- Can you walk me through an average timeline?
- Do you have referrals from your previous clients? (Use this to check reputation).
- Can I see a quick (yet comprehensive) real estate market analysis? (You want to understand what you can expect from this agent).
- How frequently will I get updates from you and in what form?
- How do you get paid? (Confirming the brokerage fee)
Once you are comfortable with the experience and knowledge of the prospective agent, the next step is to actually check his/her reputation. You can check with the real estate licensing bureau in your state or local area to determine the broker’s license status. More importantly, you can check various websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, etc to see how past clients have rated the agent.
Saving yourself time and trouble means having a plan. Mitigate your risks by thoroughly vetting your real estate broker. “You should feel comfortable walking away from any broker that is uncomfortable answering these questions,” says Mark Anderson, Broker and Property Manager at iDeal Property Group. “Any reputable agent would look forward to sharing their insights, references and knowledge with you, as a prospective client.”
Regardless of your unique property needs, iDeal Property Group can assist you. We are your comprehensive Raleigh, NC real estate resource. Here you can preview properties for sale, tour neighborhoods and, if you like, maybe even get to know us better. It’s all about providing you the tools you need to confidently complete your real estate transaction. Those tools include easy to use property search tools and local area info. If you need our we are a click or call away. No pressure, no strings – just great service!
- 6 Tips to Select a Right Broker By CommonFloor